Field Maintenance Technician
Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor, performs preventive maintenance of BLM equipment at the customer sites. Completes necessary procedures as outlined in customer’s maintenance contracts and fulfills related duties. Facilitates timely resolutions to customer issues and/or questions while maintaining a positive client relationship.
Activités et responsabilités:
The duties listed below are the specific duties and tasks that someone in this position must accomplish. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the level and/or class of this position.
- Supports the sales staff in servicing BLM equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance and service of equipment for customers at the customer site
- Carefully and accurately documents all service performed on the equipment as well as what service needs are to be accomplished on the equipment in the future
- Maintains excellent customer service and customer satisfaction
- Prepares service reports/work order forms timely and accurately
- Accurately track expenses and completes expense reports in a timely manner
- Maintains a safe work environment and operates within OSHA/MIOSHA guidelines
- Must be able to work overtime as required by customer need
- Travel as required (up to 90%)
- Other duties as assigned by management
Exigences de base:
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree in a Technical discipline is preferred or comparable military experience
- Experience in machine tool maintenance and repair
- 2 – 4 years of years of experience in a similar technical position
- At least one year in a customer service role
Valid Michigan Driver’s License with no more than two (2) points on a driving record within a three (3) year period
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to effectively use electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics on the job
- Ability to effectively utilize electric/electronic testing and measurement equipment
- Must be able to effectively understand, analyze and resolve technical mechanical or electrical issues based on measured data results
- Proficient in reading and comprehending technical information as presented in equipment manuals or in electronic media
- Ability to accurately document technical data in terms of the steps taken to resolve equipment and product issues
- Ability to communicate technical issues beyond PMs to BLM Technical Department
- Proven customer service skills with a primary focus on customer relationships
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Resourceful; Able to discern who to call for assistance based on the technical situation at hand
- Is an effective team player who can work with all levels of team members as well as with all different types and levels of customers
- Must possess a valid passport or be capable of obtaining a valid passport
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Vehicles Used
General office equipment including computers, printers, fax machines and telephones. Basic hand tools, Fluke Multimeter, other miscellaneous machine calibration tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must be able to accomplish to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stand; talk and hear; walk; sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret technical data, information and documents, analyze and solve problems, use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under imposed manufacturing deadlines; interact with staff and other organizations; and frequently deal with dissatisfied or quarrelsome individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The incumbent works primarily in a manufacturing facility where the noise level could be moderate to loud. Occasionally will perform work in an office environment.
The position requires approximately 90% travel. Travel will be regional as required.
Associates Degree in a Technical discipline is preferred
BLM Group USA Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation you may contact us at (248) 560-0080.