The high speed laser tube cutting cell, multi-axis laser system
and robotic module can be configured to process a wide range of 3D
formed tubes ( bent, end formed, hydro formed etc) and complete
tubular space frames assemblies.
This new process supersedes a lot of previous traditional operations requiring different machines such as straight cut, de-burring, punching, pressing, drilling and milling. All consolidated into one continuous cutting process on one cell.
Main features of laser tube cutting cell:
- Eliminates the need for hard tooling
- Reduces set up time
- Reduces assembly cost using efficient self-locating features
- Produces higher quality, more consistent parts...enabling robotic welding
- Reduces part flow time
The most usual applications are tubular components for:
motorcycle industry, furniture, silencers, industrial equipment,
hydro formed parts.
The laser tube cutting cell can also be integrated in a single production line with bending, end forming and assembly operations.
This production process is used when the laser process has to be made on bent tubes (trimming, punching, grooving on bending, etc.).
More in particular, it is used for automobile chassis and exhaust pipe production in extremely competitivetimes and quality.
More processes in a single cycle: loading -pipe singling out - inspection - welding - bending - laser cutting - unloading, for:
- high repeatability and quality thanks to the mask control on 100% of the products;
- high productivity thanks to cycle time optimization of the single cutting and bending processes;
- constant production quality on three working shifts, even in lights-out operation.